Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

11/07/2005

No Pix 4 U

Blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures right now, Internet. You are missing out. I hope they fix the problem soon.

I was hoping to post some random pix since I'm pretty sure I don't have any particularly interesting stories to share at the moment.

Ah well.

The weekend was pleasant, without much ado. We went to the PTA-hosted carnival Friday night at Hannah and Sevin's school. Hannah won a batch of cookies in the cake walk, and Sevin fortunately did not win a real live goldfish in the Gold Fish game. The fall carnival took me back quite a few years to when I walked for those cakes and threw darts at the balloons myself. I saw a few people I went to school with there who had already birthed school-aged children of their own. It seemed kind of weird, as it always does, that I'm actually old enough to have biological - in contrast to step - kids the ages of Sevin and Hannah. I was 20 when Hannah was born and 22 when Sevin came about.

Now, Heather on the other hand, was born when I was a wee 11-year-old. I usually have some explaining to do when taking her to doctor's appointments or school functions. You can hear people asking "You are the mother of an almost-16-year-old?" in their minds or, occasionally, out loud. One optometrist seemed rather intrigued (and maybe a little suspicious) when I sat with her at her appointment. When I left the room for a second, he asked Heather "just what is the age difference between your step-mom and father?" Like he just couldn't accept that it was true: 26-year-old marries 36-year-old. Stop the world!

I like it that I look too young to be Heather's mom, and don't mind it that I look plenty ripe to have pro-created Sevin & Hannah. I'm just a little worried about the whole possibility of "32-year-old Grandma!" (I'm giving Heather the minimum age of 21 to have kids, whether she knows that or not. But I'm really championing a minimum of 32, which would put me in the early forties. We'll see what happens.)

In other nearly-news, I have something on the horizon. Can't really talk about it much, and I'm unwilling to write about it here. So, you just hold your horses and stay tuned, Internet. Hopefully I'll have some extravagant details in the near future.

I can't think of an appropriate transition that would lead me into writing about all the LADY BUGS that have swarmed our house. There are hundreds, maybe thousands (okay, not thousands), of them all over the place. They do this once a year, and you'd think we'd get used to the otherwise harmless little creatures. But they are highly annoying when they buzz on your neck or flock to the TV screen when you're watching Kicking and Screaming and trying to bat them off the screen without smooshing them and causing a big bug mess all over Will Ferrell's face.

We also rented Herbie: Fully Loaded and Kingdom of Heaven this weekend. Herbie is recommended for six-year-old freckle-faced red-heads (who will watch it over and over). Kicking and Screaming: also recommended for said demographic. Kingdom was okay, but it went nowhere. I briefly napped in the middle of it, if that tells you anything.

The "ENTER" key keeps sticking on this keyboard. I apologize for any excessively long gaps between these paragraphs.

That's all for now. Have an exceptionally feral night, Internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home