Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

11/02/2005

Oh Man I'm Gonna Have to Give Up This Sweat Top

I'm so sleepy. And everything is funny here at work. I've been telling truck drivers to "git off-a my property!" after they sign release papers for loads. I don't actually say it aloud, but I mouth it to them behind their backs as they walk away. I forgot just how funny the ol' "git off-a my property!" thing is. You have to be all demanding and prissy about it. And, in my sleepy/clouded brain, the line becomes even funnier because of the fact that this ain't my property at all, man.

So, now I'm thinking that it would be funny to start telling co-workers to "git off my property!" when they sit or lean on my desk or bookshelves, or to "gimme back my property!" when they grab a pen or one of my files. Saying it makes me feel about 20 years younger, and I'm pretty sure it would still be funny even if I weren't a hallucinatory deadhead right now.

Lost my left contact last night in the bathroom somewhere. My husband had to go to the length of locking me out of the bathroom after I lost it in order to keep me from tromping around in there while he looked for it. Eagle Eye AJ can almost always find the little suckers, but it was no dice last night. (what the......? why did I just use the term "no dice"? I think it's the brain cloud again). So, this morning I had to put in an old left eye contact. (I wear hard lenses, the ones you don't change very often). It's doing okay so far, but I can tell the lens is old. My eyes are allergic to something in the air today too. All red and stitchy.

We got through Halloween without any trick-or-treaters knocking on the door. It's too bad too because I was really hoping to give some little kid a can of creamed corn or a Popsicle® Incredible Hulk™ Ice Pop (which are really awesome, by the way). Our own kids - Hannah and Sevin - stopped by to show us their costumes. You know, in retrospect, I think maybe they were expecting us to treat them. But they didn't say "trick or treat" or anything. Regardless, they looked very cute as princess and Bat Man.

This weekend we're taking said children to the fall carnival at their elementary school. Should be temporarily thrilling and lastingly dinky. We'll find out.

So, AJ and I are talking about VEGAS again. I'm surprised we're actually considering going back so soon after having married/honeymooned there just this past summer, but we can't seem to help ourselves. We're thinking about making it a mutual Christmas present for ourselves and one another. I think it is a perfectly fabulous idea. Look out, $2 craps table!

Have a nice velvety day, Internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home