Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

7/12/2005

My Ongoing Tattoolessness

I am now a wife, and it is a beautiful thing. Not much has changed in the mechanics of how AJ and I live and laugh together, but something is definitely different now that we’ve spoken vows and acquired that official piece of paper. It’s better and deeper. We’re more special now, I think.

The trip to Vegas was the best get-away I have ever experienced. We stayed very busy. Both of us have been to Vegas a couple times before, but none of our previous trips there can compare to the good times we had during our wedding week. We stayed on the top floor of the Stratosphere – not to be confused with staying at the very top of the Stratosphere itself. The "Stratosphere" is that space needle structure just in front of the hotel, and it doesn’t have any rooms in it. It’s basically a system of elevators that take you to a restaurant, look-out area and a cluster of amusement rides at the top. We rode the "Big Shot" which is one of those things that you strap yourself into, and it raises you up way high and shoots you back down really fast. I screamed the entirety of its duration. One side of it was shut down because a kid in line just before us had blown chunks everywhere.

We saw a few shows including Viva Las Vegas (a variety/comedy show), Bite (a topless vampire revue), the laser lights show in downtown, a very disappointing-yet-somehow-highly-recommended "dirty hypnotist" show, and we watched the freebie Bellagio fountain display. We ate big and fancy all week, but - excitingly - neither of us gained any weight.

I am now a hardcore craps player. I am completely addicted to that game. This was my first time to do any gambling other than playing the slots. I also tried roulette and that spinning wheel game where you place bets on what amount it will land on. Those were pretty boring. But craps! My new weakness. Neither of us ever got around to playing any card games.

We tired ourselves out through the week to the point that we had to take nearly one whole day of our trip just to relax and restore our energy. We ended up lounging around the hotel room and watching a "Real Gilligan’s Island" marathon on that day. Those Vegas hotels don’t offer a very good variety of TV channels because they don’t want you all holed up in your room during your stay.

Now that we’re back to reality here in OK, we’re trying to stave off apathy and let down after all the excitement we had during the month of June. Noses back to the grindstone, et cetera.

AJ and I went swimming after I got off work yesterday. It was nice and relaxing. We floated around on our Dollar General tubes as our bodies adjusted to the icy cold waters of Blue Hole creek. The water was low due to our recent lack of rain. We’re taking the kids this weekend. So, hopefully it will rain sometime before then. Blue Hole is much more fun when the water is up.

That’s all I have right now. Internet, I apologize for today’s bland writing style. I’ll try to frill it up more in the future. I’m just not feeling very witty or unorthodox today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home