Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

5/08/2005

Conquering Fears, Righting Wrongs, etc.

I’M READING A book that makes me want to be an eccentric, reclusive writer, just like in my old days.

I RODE THE four-wheeler down the road last night all by myself. I had a little trouble starting it when it died after reaching the bottom of the big hill. No big deal.

I SHALL PREPARE a meatloaf in the near future. Yes, I - Jennifer N. Garrison - shall cook meatloaf with my very own hands and kitchen utensils.

I ACHIEVE A wonderful, small sense of happiness each time I lie beneath the brand new ceiling fan in the bedroom.

A FRIEND SENT me a card wishing me "Happy Mother’s Day", and a new section of exciting reality opened in my brain.

I OBSERVED A pack of "no good thugs" walking the same streets as my future step-daughter, and I felt what can only be described as "a step-parent jolt of worry." Sometimes it’s hard to keep my post as Understanding Friend Who Doesn’t Really Get Involved in the Authority/Advisory Issues of the Champion Teenager Because I’m Not Her Real Mom Plus I’m Only a Decade Older Than She Is.

WE’RE GOING WITH calla lilies and the colors mint green and ecru for next month’s wedding reception.

WE ARE GONNA rock that Holiday Inn banquet hall, or at least make it a little more interesting.

I NEED TO update this blog more often because these are exciting times, and the Internet needs to know about them.