Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

7/21/2005

Clichés of the East




This is the tattoo I am getting in a couple of weeks. It is a Chinese symbol for truth. It makes me want to eat my Ramen noodles with chopsticks and wash them down with a warm glass of Asahi.

I’d like to get the tattoo on the small area on the outside of my left foot located just below the ankle. But when I tell people this - especially people who already have tattoos - they wince and say, "I’d get it done above my ankle if I were you. Somewhere where there’s more meat."

I have a slight dilemma because I want to be able to hide the tattoo in my shoes if I wish. I know it’s pretty dumb to have painful body art etched onto your skin and then not want to show it off all the time. I just like to have choices. I guess if I can’t take the heat, I better stay out of the tattoo parlor. Time to buck up and become one of the loud-and-proud tattooed souls.

This weekend promises to be a lot of fun in spite of the weather forecasters’ claims that the temperature will reach above 100º F each day. For our Date Night, AJ and I are competing in a dart tournament this evening... Okay, it’s not really a tournament so much as just him and me playing darts by ourselves. Our favorite dart games are 301 and Tic-Tac-Toe. AJ wins 98.325% of the time. He is good at darts, but he is DANGEROUS at foosball. That is, he KILLS at foosball. Watch out.

And then tomorrow we’re attending a friend’s wedding that should be typically predictable and tolerably dull at first. This will be followed by a fun after party back at someone’s uncle’s house. There will be a live band and a swimming pool, I am told.

I promise to post photos from the wedding, honeymoon and Colorado white water rafting soon. Hopefully this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home