Jennifer Logan Anti-Pro

1/19/2005

This 2 Shall Pass

I’m trying really hard to be upbeat, but the day is dull, and I am blah within it.

The Prezident is swearing in later today for round two since Masochistic America decided to vote for him again.

Cloudy contacts in my eyes. Small headache. Unexplained itty-bitty cuts on my fingers and knuckles.

Wearing one of two pairs of jeans that are not too big for me and don’t have mud stains or rips in the knees.

Trying to stretch the sleeves of this shirt to make them longer so I can curl my hands up inside the ends for extra warmth.

The space heater under my desk is cranked up high even though the radio keeps saying it’s going to be near 70 today.

Don’t be so low, I say to myself. Dig the sleep out of your eyes, pop your neck, and make a pot of coffee.

Go to work and buy yourself one of those big round lollipops someone in the front office is selling to raise money for their kid’s baseball team. Stick it in your mouth and let it make that rolling sound against your teeth as you chat with the girls about something comical that happened last weekend. Laugh it up and be funny like yesterday.

Punch, punch, punch in the forehead. Wake up.

I’m considering a Mountain Dew.